April 30, 2012

half hour

symmetrical brackfuss
oak lure the humming dog
kicking whelps, the three-time thirst
when we had arrived once again
here in this horrid house of dust
which beb sweats to make livable
we filled the bowls w/ water
and a nylon bone that is uncrackable
tug-a-rope that is unbreakable
S-P-C-A, Delaware county, unreportable
mischief and rattling neglect

The drive to the Philadelphia building
I had timed it at an even half hour
Juniper and coffee fronts
Fujianese master barber
(no to gel
and the girl's soapy dialect
(the color purple, strong fingers
I tip her two less than the master
who had instantaneously returned behind his newspaper

The woman who cried once in front of me
due to money issues from a landlady
she gives me change
I step out, changed
slip on my hat and cig
sidestep the steaming urine
the man w/ a dragon tattoo
and an old man inspecting
the bottom of their door
once again a half hour over
w/ no one to give it to

No comments:

Post a Comment