October 23, 2012

walking there

Say that in those mean hours Norse men parrots
I could, I say, open up the envelope during the Poetry Reading
come with you, saving them to get the car and cam twice
high way round the higher world -- we cannot live together in the one world

Pinch my penis at the base and have an early night,
the service, quite nicely done, young, in an instant brought three cop cars
hives a beautiful girl with a bike scratching notices me
results, in them too, uses my name and companions

Were they large or small? black men say in a high voice
200 years in a receding universe, a fashionable pavingstone
a pun in a pitcher in a whisper from a poet who makes laffs
who warns me (bearded fellow at 6

you are always facing 12, i tell him
and the fellow comes round to talk to this slim subcontinent of india
and here i am in philadelphia (not pittsburgh
slap ten bux in his hand with a corner wet for tip

outside for the cigarette
the franks and the sidewalk go
krk krk krk
he bows out

No comments:

Post a Comment