April 4, 2013

trenton poems [cont.]

Temple --
where opportunities
are made. I
saw the photo,
somewhat opaque,
of him in some
study

---

Boy or girl they
couldn't say
michael or mikayla
but thought that's okay,

and named her so
now she sits
w/ a gaggle of ladies
talking daughters and snow.

there are no new jobs,
so where does he go?
a sitter, he needs
school, structure, and glow.

My in-laws got off by the
little one.
She's used to sleeping in,
spent two weeks being
    sick
throwing up into the bin.

They did such a sloppy
job, she started
w/ a coff.
Cleared sky, no
bruising -- she chops,
she chances, soft.

---

old man snaps back
on his Navy hat
walks w/ cane
down lit up lane.

---

Trenton train quacks
twice where the
step is at.

---

Winter weather tip
Please don't slip.

--

Fucking cold
but I've got a cig
and work is pushed
off.--
"Q!" shouted out.
        I go
"Hay girls! Hay!
Howya doin'?!"
and laugh

---

new page!
aw I write in
you. Be it like
some brief
romance, then
I'm off to #2

---

Blue boots!
aw how I
walk in youse.
Be it like
a commitment
one step into two.

---

did I see
four birds on the wire
or three?

---

Spikes clustered
on iron beams
yellow with buttons
and rust it seems

---

Lately the phones
on the hook, there
being no physical arm
after each smoking
break
I am back to hear
harm
done--to the five kids
this woman went on
and her mate (who
had time for working)
is somewhere of
little use.

---

w/ freshly written poems,
my left palm does
double that--
a carbon copy
w/ no trouble I sat
again on the exp.
toward Trenton
some vague shape
of a man sits
at the edge -- and if
he looks ugly enough
we'll both keep
our luxurious seats.

---

clicka-clicka-clicka
is the hole puncher's
only sound in the car
and --shh!--
none of that in the
front of the train.
"tickets please!"
says conductor --
can I call him
that?
I've got my own and
other's systems down
pat. Some
like to place their
pass in the slit of
the chair
and some like to
leave it tucked
somewhere
like the gap between
the rubber siding
and the window or
hold it up in one
hand -- head down
reading or being
on their smart devices.
Me? I have my own
vices,
I do my crosswords
and sometimes, I
read poems.
I've got Creeley
and recently,
Niedecker in my
bag.
There's fun
there's fun to be had!

---

Seldom I look out
over grey philadelphia
and smile
the overgrowth,
rowhouses, graffiti
stretches
            miles and miles.

---

I'm wearing a lot of
tan today, yes.
When I go to work,
I try and look my
    best.

---

At one point
(exp) Trenton
runs under the El
and thankfully
I'm not on
that hell.

---

The railway is speckled
grey and scarred.
Outside
Bridesburg sits
only half a car.

---

Slim chance to none
for a meet and greet,
as the line of black coats
march out toward
Tacony St.

---

after a few stops
have been called
I thought "hey!" this
ain't an express at all!

---

Holmesburg Junction
looks like shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment