July 13, 2013

poem for no one but myself

four white lives robbed
off marking an iphone
in my long pants
pocket

things need mending
regardless how invincible
I feel riding the
trenton
gotta get off
gotta get off on

see the broken walls
everywhere --
I smell plastic
anywhere I go

I'm sensitive to
my thoughts of
smells of her
or her
affinity w/ smells

I sicken myself
laying at the
wheel the
morning she
decided to get out
and go -- 
-- the middle
America gained
150 lbs or so and
greater musicality
months months
go by the same
bass line repeating
the same walgreens
at the top of the
marble steps

same womanly giggles
same hat
same floral
platform same?
I am some
terrifying that
distortion resonates.
mens room lines --
there a phone
sits -- I wait
and cannot
comprehend the
sensitivities of
the district and all
involved parties.

I see a man
carrying his home
in a fucking bag
I tweak my
leather laces.

I see him arrive in
a fenced off
crook full of barbs
man

no rain protection
no zazen
food. selfish me.

No comments:

Post a Comment