August 2, 2013

when the light gets dark

that first line the first line
of a Dan Yorty song

he came over w/ a six
pack of pabst
to my apt
and fixed
my spot lights,
being
so adept
at lighting

last rolling
rock
to make it
down
the hill I
see her, man,
and hide
always hiding
I think

I love
her or everything else
left to say
amounts to hey
remember this
a sticky photo
I pull

from a box from the dust
of my parent's home
I don't like to throw my letters
away I say No! Keep those

(O, if I had the mind
              and love to
spare)

I wouldn't be
sitting

besides mosquitoes
I wouldn't be
in

delayed hurt
got to submit
a food stamp
I've got to tag
all these responders

and non-responders
read fast and go past closing time
write rhymes occasionally
still I dream of Songs

I can't write to anything else

He brought records and the first
one he put on
didn't sound
quite right
the needle
must be bust
ed
I grow
bigger

the train ride
the hot train ride
the dirty insulated vines

O, O
I sing

of a pale forehead
and
my one sin

No comments:

Post a Comment