March 25, 2012

the glasses

the glasses, the glasses! again the barbary
this sure one of mine lenses came off
or jumped with
me during aerodynamic
which shook me into immediate sobriety
this night we moved into the territory mob deep
taking trunk shots (amy spilling tully all over my american anthology
but was eager to mop it up

in the cold the stale sweat on my back the artificial
fog, the green piercing lasers
one of me, who was on hands and knees frantic
blindly grabbing feet for the feel of plastic ($600
I, now, in the gray northeast morning came to accept
the full meaning of the $5 stamp "hands and knees"

my beb, cold, without her sweater, consoled me with her warm body and mewing
I had fully removed myself from the pit, the stench, black red brick, the pit!
Swinging tires round 'bout the Delaware, we got out of there, to Broad St. Diner,
(she had convinced me within one block
of the hunger, the uneasiness that took up the space in my stomach,
Tiffy, our red waitress, beb, with a water, dave & amy, with pepsis

I, with my black tea
summing up the night,
w/ slices of pink tomato
while the others tried their luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment