March 6, 2013

9th and Brains Bridge

Hooks left on the
ceiling look like stars,
a neglected constellation
water mold crumbling
galaxy

tasteful mobile as
planetary systems -- 

I was at the back
telling her that
I had come back
to the states for only
two days
didn't believe me or
didn't care

Read poetry today
until I became sick
of poetry

7:09 Saturday loud
crunch of toast
February 23rd

Excuse me lady
behind pull up a
chair
chair squawk
crunch politeness
stomp mannerisms
rock white man
shut cash register
sing harmonies
stank butter
stick strings in
after shore door
horn tap to play
screams steam
muster gusto --
not now broken

any plane crunches again
northeastern wild
sun, cloud petal
devoured by chopper

near Tiffany's diner
cigarette parking lot
meant for both
cars and cigarettes,
for pie, homemade,

crunch rust, flying
newspaper sounds

Damn -- he's fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment