March 16, 2013

good luck

click clack click clack
ping pong ping pong
ka-chak-ka-chack
dup dup dupdupdupdupdup
                 (good short serves)
as one deserves another
right in the path of
the monstrous gas heater
now never really
having to show up here
again.

I've been looking for a
new job ever since
my hours were cut.
Ah, yes, well,
what to expect
from a human being
who has to eat
--dust. 14k still in the
holy mole.

Now the grind comes
halting, in early
morning which is it
clouds filtered through
buses and electric
dust that builds
city clouds.

I pick this route --
and load up on musicks
and steady myself
for what comes

that monsoon where a
courier for timecycle
sat out in the blackened
granite alcove to
work on his
crossword.

"samurai soft art"
seven letters.
chuckling and making
sure I wasn't imposing
I squat next to
him and attempt
some of the clues.

Didn't get a word.
checked the time  --
asked for it, actually,
slanted my tie,
accepted his parting
gift of luck
and drove it back
w/ me to the NE

the entire time an
18-wheeler white
washing me.

No comments:

Post a Comment