March 11, 2014

A ST

Holy holy is the place,
that had risen
 that the space
I had smelled under yr breath
which, when expelled, held
the line my words trace

only then to hate it again
in time,  due, undue,
    deep expense
I'd ruin it over for her or him
In any event,
was a rough worker

in the streets
young black Bryan
(finding out years later
that he was gay)
traded me coach cards

Because I wanted them
because, that     hardly a

                     fight a scruffle
                      of leaves in fall,   in grey
                      tussled with some kid
                       on the opposite team

Kasmir Zysk exclaimed
that I had heart, I had heart!
it lasted a whole two minutes
yardage gained: zero

The coaches shake the sky
    ( I had really no need for such a thing as football cards
     they were fun to trade and collect) until
until

white internet
that space, again, where I found him
light dribbled driveway it was somewhere
where? Elkins Park?
I   like a fool

In everlasting clarity
Bryan and Khong appearing
on the porch of the house in Feltonville
4802 A St, asking
can Quyen play?

No comments:

Post a Comment