March 27, 2014

gimme

Even in the fast lane
a car must pull away
and to do
plastic contained
     lunch, it forces you
into the heat of
all day.
Smoking and
turning your head
away.
saving fire bone
technique
don't sweat it
I fan myself w/ a
pack then inject
it.
Three Logan Squares
a popular and
accessible place for
lunch, lookalikes
pounce
stones and fountain
shoot always up
while wind nudges
them in every
direction.
Erastosthenes, what
a genius!
        to have roughly determined the circumference
of the Earth w/ the
help of someone --
strong legs he must've had --
to walk from Alexandria to Cairo
w/ only an obelisk
to rely on? and
the size of his sandals.
I'd walk in this heat
and couldn't determine anything.
pull out my phone and google it
                                                   perhaps.
Oh and how to write poems tomorrow?
w/ Avi for lunch?
at a place of my choosing, he says,
       yr call.
I'd have it all, man
if you're buying.

'Revelation'
Have yrs now
says ad.

No skateboards or pets
says sign.

I hate that little fucker,
says cunt.

What a joke, how
stylized.
       how library spoke
   read those once and
           still reflect on the high line girl.
               drinking a tall
               beer by the tracks
               there.

And snapping the
neck of her shirt back.
   so brazen I was,
    still am,

shouldn't be saying too
much at the end of
the day --
             remember
              we're doing this to help people! help
                    people!

funny enough --
this man across from me
looks like Frank
                O'Hara.

No comments:

Post a Comment