March 27, 2014

new hat

Got my writing hat on!
bronze blood rust type a color
knitted by dunebuggy, what a lovey dovey
love my sis, and love this hat!

Kept me warm today during my walk home.
I went to Down Dog for the first time and got coffee,
slightly sour.
As was I, of course, usually am I
seems like the past few weeks have been particularly awful to me.
I didn't get the raise I deserved, I felt, they
threw management phrases at me, to boost my confidence
and gave me homework. I didn't want to do it, I said
give me the papers I'll sign them, sure.
I signed my name in triplicate
and sealed myself for another year.
Like having a king's scepter, didn't feel the need
to ask for anything else.

Today I gave her my contact and was done with it all.
I don't think I have the emotional energy to do it all again.

Today I re-read Bill Williams, as Pound's wife called him
at the office, sprung out during lunch to a bench at One Logan
(or is it Three Logan) to jot down some poems. I ate
                  beets
      it stained my shit and piss
      reminded me

Sean, how you doin?
Hope all is well.
Shoes break
even while walking
a month or two
return policy at Zappo's
might not hold up.

No comments:

Post a Comment