March 27, 2014

contact

I long for the company of my friends
O fuck how I long!
I take on
characteristics of you
and in a shuffling gait
stare at the tips of my boots
crunch a stick that wouldn't lay flat
perfectly flat on the ground.
Lay flat, I thought, twisting my toe into it
watching it splinter with joy.

Lamplight is warm,
halogen? Not sure, is it white or yellow?
Funny to see the separate companies that Siemans
   used to be comprised of. This was the age of
       electrodynamics
or radios and generators (batteries were being dumped in favor
       of the generator in terms in profitability

        it did not spread like wildfire
        but then again, it's all the same.
        If I held a mirror up to my face,
        rode that wave of light
        I'd expect, as anyone, to see my reflection
        as any regular ol' day, and be unaware
        that I am moving
        until I look outside,
                    outside see
                 the couple hand in hand as the man,
                     griped about how she made him miserable.
                  They gripped each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment